Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Multiple Man Weekend

It was a multiple man weekend. Whew!  I'm exhausted!  Meeting 3 men in one weekend is like dancing the cha cha on a roller coaster.

Friday noon was meeting Mr. Manic at the coffee house.  Saturday morning was  frappe-chino with Fuzzy Face at the same coffee house.  Sunday was nonstop with 3 men in one day:  Mystery Man brunch, happy hour with Mr. Manic, and evening wine with another man.  The "downtime" was sprinkled with the those "trying to be casual, but I want to see you as soon as possible" phone calls and texts from Manic and Fuzzy Face.

Mr. Manic is a newcomer looking for a place to land.  He is as loopy and desperate as Mr. Right Now. (see previous blog)   After a mere two or three sips of my coffee, and he asked me to write down on a napkin how I rated our attraction factor.   (He gave it an 8.5).   Maybe he was going to bolt for the door if I gave it a 4.......ya probably.  I refused to give an answer.  I was trying to find his endearing qualities and they were not coming out to play.

 Fuzzy face meet and greet was at the same coffee house. As the name implies, Fuzzy Face showed up with a day old, grey, scruffy beard.  Maybe when he looked in the mirror he saw Brad Pitt.  But, the man across the table from me looked like an old homeless guy.

Hair seems to be the scourge of men as they age.  Their hair shifts from the head to  various orifices.   It grows in places it never grew before, and falls out where it used to be.  Baldness is a given for most men, but it's the extra hair growing from the nose, ears and eyebrows, and that course grey stuff on their face--they don't seem to know what to do with it.  Maybe they can't see well enough to know they have hair screaming for a trim.  Do men ever use a magnifying mirror?  Do men really care?

On to Mystery Man.  He had invited me to a  swanky Sunday brunch, with not even a phone call for introduction.  Nice touch!   I like meeting a handsome stranger.  I was super excited to meet him and had a good feeling about this one.   His 2 year old profile photo is handsome and  debonair, he is clearly generous and maybe......loaded.  Dressed in a sexy dress, high heels and a come hither smile, I did my Sunday best to knock his socks off.   It worked.  And he is enticing and entertaining.  Date number two is coming up.  Wish me luck on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment