Saturday, May 21, 2016

Mr Right Now Part 1


Men are known for dragging their feet when it comes to a committed relationship. But, then there is the polar opposite, Mr. Right Now. 


Mr. Right Now had just retired from a successful law practice and was ready to be put out to pasture.  He planned to move to my city within a few months and spend his days playing golf and his nights dancing.  He is intelligent, successful, healthy, tall and handsome.  The whole package.  Dreamboat Status with a capital D.


I am intrigued by him and his orderly, successful life.  Mr. Right Now, had not yet earned his nickname and he came across as focused and organized.  Good traits.  He mentions he  needs a large home with ample wall space for his art collection.  He promises he will provide me with a good life, should we move forward.  Oh ya, I could fall in love with a wealthy, handsome man.  I  have my fingers crossed that we will feel the magic. 

Our first phone call felt like a job interview.  He asked questions for a full 40 minutes until I begged off the phone.  Questions about the city, where I live, dancing opportunities, social life, what was I looking for, how many kids, emotional state, how long this and how many that.  Questions that are usually answered during many conversations between interested parties. This was not a conversation.  Red flag.   

After that call, I really thought I didn't want to meet him.  In a moment of Internet dating frustration, I fired off an email saying, "I hope I passed the phone interview today."    I intended it to be a smart ass comment.   He thought I was insecure.

Usually, I don't talk of the phone much before I meet a man.  There is no point in talking on the phone when the essential element of attraction must be felt in person.  The magic attraction is either there, or it's not.  It can't be manufactured or forced. I've passed on several very sweet men because I didn't feel that "special something". 

I digress.  So, Mr. Right Now, to my surprise, calls a second time.  We had some conversation sprinkled in with the battery of questions.  I could still see his checklist and pencil as he's ticking off the answers. Check, check, uh oh, check, check.  I guess I passed.....he's coming to visit. 


See Mr. Right Now. Part 2
http://datingmrmaybe.blogspot.com/2016/05/mr-right-now-part-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment