Saturday, May 21, 2016

Mr Right Now Part 2

Men are known for dragging their feet when it comes to relationship commitment.  But, then there are the polar opposites: Meet Mr. Right Now.   

Continued from Mr. Right Now  Part 1 
http://datingmrmaybe.blogspot.com/2016/05/mr-right-now-part-1.html

We talked on the phone a couple of times and exchanged emails and now he was coming to visit.  He had retired from a successful law practice and was moving to my city.  He had appointments with realtors, friends and other women (I'm sure) as well as me.  His phone calls had felt like job interviews and I wasn't that excited to meet him.  He was intense and focused and red flags were waving. 

At the appointed time, we met for dinner and conversation.  He is warm, open and generous.  Flirting, flattery and fun ensued.  He shares photos of his family and home in Colorado.  He shares with me his hopes and dreams.  I'm feeling good about this! 

Since he is looking at various locations for his move, I offer to show him around the neighborhood, so we hop in my car to drive around.  He seems harmless enough, so I point out the location where I live, then break a cardinal rule, and invite him in.  He looks around my home, complementing the decor and  spaciousness.  Then Mr. Right Now sits down, looks me in the eye and says,  "Maybe it's a little premature, but I have a proposal.  (Gulp)  "If I should end up moving in with you, I'll give you $X00 which you can keep if we are together in 4 years.  This will cover my share of the living expenses."   

WHAT?  Did I hear that right?  We had met 3 hours earlier and he's talking about living together and the financial terms!  

I can play that game........ "I don't intend to live with a man.  We would need to get married if we are going to be together.  Soooooooo he brought up a pre-nuptial agreement.  A mere 3.5 hours into our first date and we are discussing pre-nuptial agreements!   That has got to be a record!  

I'm exhausted from the intensity.  I shuttle him back to his car and we arrange for a second date. Hopefully, with a 2 day interval, he will settle down from this manic state of finding a place to live and we'll be able to relax and get to know each other. 

The second date is even more intense.  He brings a list of discussion items: financial obligations, health issues, where would we spend holidays, relationships with children, parents and siblings,  vacations, one car or two.   On top of that, he's repeatedly attempting to make out with me!  BLAH!  I couldn't get away fast enough.  

It's been a few weeks since his visit.  I wonder if he found a woman with room in her life and home for a well off, handsome, retired, scary man.  Too many red flags for this woman. 






No comments:

Post a Comment