Friday, April 29, 2016

Singles Shopping for Singles


Online Dating is a plethora of possibility.  If you are fortunate to have never dipped a toe in the vast pool of online dating, allow me share some eye-opening statistics. 

At this very moment, when I enter a search on the largest dating site in the US, there are 998 eligible bachelors, between the ages of 55-65 within a 10 mile radius of my zip code. There are 1048 women strutting their stuff in the same age bracket.   

Let's see what happens when I change the age to 25-35...holy smokes!  1541 women and 2000+ men (who are a whole lot hotter than the old guys I'm shopping for). 

The sheer numbers are overwhelming.  Fortunately, it's easy to narrow the criteria based on factors such as height, body type, marital status, race, religion, politics, hair/eye color, horoscope sign, etc..   Let's see what happens if I narrow the field to men 55-65, 5'10" to 6'3", conservative with a few extra pounds:  a mere 27.   Change to conservative, athletic and toned, and it jumps to 131.  Apparently, most conservative, single men work out, or they lie about their body type.  The athletic liberals are a scarce 64 and the chunky liberals are rare indeed--7.    
This could be fun to play with--bald, overweight, smoker, divorced, who like to dance, or 6'3" separated, Sagittarius skier with slate blue eyes---the combinations are endless!  Anyway, you get the idea. 

My usual search brings up 330 average to athletic, slightly tall, non smokers within a 10 mile radius of home.  So far, I've met about 15 of them....yikes!  I need to narrow the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment