Thursday, April 28, 2016

Brave New World of Dating

I am venturing into the Internet dating world.  Taking a deep breath and diving into...... well...wading into the sea of singles.  

With all the bravery I can muster, I create my online profile. Upload my best photos, reveal my age, interests and background.  I carefully pen a summary of my dreams and desires.   With both excitement and trepidation, I hit Submit.  Ready or not, here I go....Dating Mr. Maybe.  

While awaiting profile approval, I eagerly begin a search of men in my age group (middle aged to old fart).  There are literally hundreds of eligible bachelors within a 10 mile radius of my zip code.   They come in all shapes and sizes; hairy, bald, bald with facial hair, (what are they hiding under that scruffy beard?) fat, skinny, muscular, big belly, tattoos, handsome, suave, cute, gross and scary.  Their photos show them in tuxedos at their daughter's wedding, sitting with their elderly mother, petting a dog on their lap, straddling a motorcycle, standing next to an expensive car or holding up a big dead fish.  I wonder how current some of these photos are.....

This is better than shoe shopping!  All these men to shop!  I am delighted to find a selection of handsome strangers smiling at me from my iPad screen.  They are not only handsome, their profiles describe them as adventurous, sensitive, romantic and rich!  Not one single dead fish photo anywhere in my potential suitor list. Perhaps I'll meet Mr. Right and get off this dating site quickly.  We will ride off into the sunset to a life of adventure and romance.  (Well, why not?  I still have a Cinderella fantasy, only Prince Charming has grey hair and might need a little pharmaceutical assistance.)   I get to work sending a few emails to the cream of the crop.

My profile is approved and published and immediately, the emails and winks begin to pop into my inbox.  The first day, I receive 9 emails, 11 likes and 7 winks.

The dating Cha Cha has begun. 





No comments:

Post a Comment