Thursday, April 28, 2016

Bachelor Number One

My first dance in the dating cha cha is Mr. Writer.  He is an accomplished writer, contributing articles to business journals and travel magazines.  His profile paints a picture of looks, intelligence, education and possible tag-along business trips for yours truly.   We exchange emails and make plans. 

We meet at a local restaurant for a glass of wine--aka a "meet and greet".   Short and sweet.  A quick excape if it doesn't work out.  But, we hit it off and order dinner and another wine.  He's smart and interesting with lots of adventurous stories.  He's in pretty good shape.  And he likes me too.  When we part ways we have plans to meet again.  This is starting out really well.    

A few days later, we get together in the afternoon to take a walk in the park.  We are  absorbed in talking and sharing and holding hands.  I could see myself with this guy....down the road.  But, I hadn't really SEEN Mr. Writer.   I mean, I hadn't really LOOKED at him.  Then, in the blaring light of day, as he reaches for my hands across the table and we look into each other's eyes....I take a good look at him for the first time.  As we continue to converse, I become fascinated with his bushy mustache. It is a thing to behold.  It's all I can see of him.  

I wonder...where does his mustache end and his nose hair begin?

Needless to say, I didn't kiss him goodby....

No comments:

Post a Comment